740 Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?

+5
Tyler E.
slow4dr
LTown
WheelSpin
Tim_u_33
9 posters

Go down

my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?  Empty my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?

Post  Tim_u_33 Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:19 am

not that i could impose these on anyone, but i would like to see better organization of our extra curricular activities next year. first i would request that there be no more chase/lookout cars, regardless of who is playing, because they usually end up in the way. last year too many times did we have people going out and following traffic would hinder being able to start because they'd get caught up inbetween the two parties trying to run. with the way things are looking next year, the chase cars won't be keeping up anyway, and front running lookout cars would be getting rear-ended.

another problem exhibited, if two people running come up on traffic, the car in the open lane should not slam the brakes because it forces the other party to also chance the reliability of their own brakes. (possibly rear-ending innocent traffic)
simply continue to throttle, allowing the party to merge behind you, then start braking.

i also want two camera's be used for any run. one in each car so that i can get footage of both cars. at least 1 camera will be required for my participation. simply because more drama is caused without video evidence.

lastly i would like to see less drama/fights. i can't force everyone to get along, but you can at least fake it while out so that we don't keep getting kicked out of places. meaning leave the facebook drama on facebook or slam it on the forum.
Tim_u_33
Tim_u_33
Admin

Back to top Go down

my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?  Empty Re: my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?

Post  WheelSpin Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:35 am

We need to further stress SAFETY. Racing is already dangerous enough, some things you've already stated Tim but i'd like to reiterate.

1. No racing around traffic: If you want to race fine, but don't do it around people who could care less about what we're doing. You aren't impressing them.
2. No Weaving: It seems like 95% of the cars that come out are on bald tires, cut springs or shitty coilovers with blown shocks or a combination of these, close contact-high speed weaving in traffic doesn't show that you're a good driver, just a dumbass.
3. Turns: Unless the specified race is set through an area with corners NO highway pulls around turns, a going around any turn at 140 is asking for trouble.
4. Drivers: No-one is allowed to race under the influence of any substance, we shouldn't even have to say this one but as always people show up and want to act like badasses. It's our job to be the bigger person.
5. Cash Races: For any and all races the cash will be held by a 3rd unaffiliated party of the racers. This is to make sure there's no drama involved.
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?  Empty Re: my requests for organization/ground rules for next year?

Post  LTown Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:37 am

the way I see of making this "safer" is well, No one race is it's seems bad. I mean lets make a pact here we all know each other. put shit to a vote or something honestly if it seems like a bad idea , Dont do it. If the person is known to screw up and has been called/asked to quit before killing themselves or someone else Then no one race them. If someone wants to be billy bad ass Then they can do it with someone who's a moron. on their own accord. Cash idea is great, If you got friends with your party I'd leave half or some portion of them. Some people might be a douche about handing money to someone but i see if they have someone there and We know they have to come back well. Exactly.
But these are fine ideas. You gotta remember we're the majority here soo..if something seems dumb we all just dont have to do it. A lot of the guys who race are the Older guys now. Wisdom < Shit talk.
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  slow4dr Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I wanna add some...
1. No ricing through whatever parking lot we're gathering at
2. Don't drive like an asshole as you pull out of the parking lot, save that shit for when your atleast 100 ft away
3. No obnoxious stereo systems beating down the block while parked (you have a loud system, trust me we get it)
4. Do not tell others what is done to someone else's car (kinda kills the whole chance of hustling, this is mainly for if/when we go out of town)
5. Win or lose you shake hands and call it a good race (this isn't that serious of business around here folks, no since in fighting over a race)
6. No excessive use of exhaust while parked (revving it up a couple times is ok, but to continuously sit there and rev it annoys the fuck out of me), again this is to avoid being kicked out
7. Pick up your trash!!! Leaving behind piles of shit is another reason we get kicked out and I can't blame a business for being pissed that their lot looks like a landfill after we've been there.
8. Respect other peoples property! Do not lean on others cars unless given permission (I had my car painted and out for 2 days before it got a scratch from someones belt buckle). Do not put shit in peoples cars, do not sit stuff on peoples cars, do not get in peoples cars unless given permission

I agree with only 2 people going out to race, I hate when 20 cars follow. That is just asking for the cops to notice you doing something and give them reason to hassle us more then they already do. I like the 2 camera system idea, people lie...video evidence doesnt!! I have said that my street racing days are done, but I once said my building cars days were done as well lol. If we go out of town, we all watch one anothers backs, just because shady shit doesn't go down here in the mean streets of Newark, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen out of town. We generally roll in a big group so there should never be a reason one of us gets robbed, jumped, whatever.

slow4dr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyler E. Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Tyler E.
Tyler E.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:59 pm

so if you cant race under the influence
jarrod brown, hoffer, and tyler cant race???

side note, i think we would be noticed less if we switched spots every week
Pound
Pound
Admin

https://740racing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTown Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:28 pm

lol

Switching spots sounds like a good idea btw. theres half a dozen to swtich to most are fairly close too.
( on a side note this is the 2nd time my computers have crashed..if I dont reply for a few days that's why.)
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mother Russia Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Well I think the best thing to do is move from place to place no problem. Meijer is out of the question because we're considered trespassing over there. Wally world, TCS, South Gate, shops, and other places like that.
Mother Russia
Mother Russia

Back to top Go down

Post  LTown Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm

The parking lot across from the grill( just happens to get to many drunk idiots being that close to a bar..)
The mall parking lot/Heath walmart area.
If 79 didnt suck so much ass there would be more.
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:27 pm

you can not be in the mall parkinglot after close
there are signs, and it is patrolled by mall security!!! lol
Pound
Pound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LTown Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

Perhaps a mod should edit the post with rules listing and throw it up as a sticky?
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Pound wrote:so if you cant race under the influence

That is bullshit lol!
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:59 pm

J.Brown wrote:

That is bullshit lol!

we are all here because you have a problem..........., your T/A isnt running lol
Pound
Pound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WheelSpin Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Pound wrote:
J.Brown wrote:

That is bullshit lol!

we are all here because you have a problem..........., your T/A isnt running lol

Hahahaha
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  THE HOFF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey thats not fair i only drink when im alone or with somebody. afro

THE HOFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 am

THE HOFF wrote:Hey thats not fair i only drink when im alone or with somebody. afro

he only drinks when hes awake
Pound
Pound
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum