740 Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so this is whats coming soon

5 posters

Go down

so this is whats coming soon  Empty so this is whats coming soon

Post  chasedasrt4 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:13 pm

http://www.agpturbo.com/products/SRT%252d4-AGP%7B47%7DBorg-Warner-%22S%22-Series-Turbocharger-Upgrade-Kit.html

So income tax was gracious this year and this is whats coming to my home here soon and a few other little goodies i have and when i get home early may getting my tune and going to see what im pushing on the dyno.....but question is should i meth inject or e85 it? im going to be running 1100cc injectors with walboro 255 fuel pump what do you think?
chasedasrt4
chasedasrt4

Back to top Go down

so this is whats coming soon  Empty Re: so this is whats coming soon

Post  WheelSpin Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:18 pm

chasedasrt4 wrote:http://www.agpturbo.com/products/SRT%252d4-AGP%7B47%7DBorg-Warner-%22S%22-Series-Turbocharger-Upgrade-Kit.html

So income tax was gracious this year and this is whats coming to my home here soon and a few other little goodies i have and when i get home early may getting my tune and going to see what im pushing on the dyno.....but question is should i meth inject or e85 it? im going to be running 1100cc injectors with walboro 255 fuel pump what do you think?

1100's probably wont be enough for e85. I would do pump gas and meth.
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:09 pm

E85 requires a whole lotta injector
Pound
Pound
Admin

https://740racing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:37 am

Meth injection, alot easier............ And you can use window wiper fluid, if you want that is I always used it. The blue cheap stuff from walmart has methanol alcohol and water in it, not the green or anything like that has detergents in it that are bad for the motor. I used meth injection on my GTP worked very well with it I saw 0 knock retard without it I would see 10-14* of knock retard. I had very minimal mods done too, 2.9 S/C pulley, 1.9 rockers, and a downpipe with stock exhaust making 16psi of boost with no knock which is impossible to do without a crapload of mods OR meth injection. Depends though what time of the year you buy it too summer time you can only get fluid that's good for 0 degree weather has less around 10% methanol alcohol and water, the winter grade fluid thats good for -25 degree weather if I remember right it's around 35% methanol alcohol and water. You can also use the heet stuff you buy for removing water from your gas tank the yellow bottle not the red bottle. Yellow bottle is 100% methanol alcohol I dunno what the red bottle is but contains other alcohols I think. I made my own kit and used a progressive controller from http://www.devilsowninjection.com/en/ on the GTP, I used a progressive controller from snowperformance for the mustang both worked really good but the devilsown controller was small and compact.

Makes me want to build another kit and slap on a 2.9 pulley again lol
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  WheelSpin Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 am

Is the other bottle you're talking about the one that contains isopropyl? I used to add it to my fuel before going e85 as a way to run poor mans race gas.
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 am

WheelSpin wrote:Is the other bottle you're talking about the one that contains isopropyl? I used to add it to my fuel before going e85 as a way to run poor mans race gas.

Correct, red is iso heet
its orrigional intent is a water remover/fuel cleaner
where the meth heet is just water remover
Pound
Pound
Admin

https://740racing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 am

WheelSpin wrote:Is the other bottle you're talking about the one that contains isopropyl? I used to add it to my fuel before going e85 as a way to run poor mans race gas.

Never tried that before, I always used 4 gallons of 92-93-94 octane and dumped in a gallon of xylene I think that nets you around 99-102 octane for those 5 gallons of gas. But the price of xylene has went up quite abit I haven't used that for a long time.
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  YONKES Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 pm

someone was talking to me about people tuning audis and vws but have to run a meth kit i cant remember the company said it was though. I was honestly wondering if it was complete bull shit or not.

YONKES

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down