740 Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used parts???

3 posters

Go down

Used parts??? Empty Used parts???

Post  SlowAzzStang Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Looking for anyone with some parts that would work on a 2000GT mustang. Injectors, TB, exhaust ETC. Hit me up
Thanks
SlowAzzStang
SlowAzzStang

Back to top Go down

Used parts??? Empty Re: Used parts???

Post  WheelSpin Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:25 pm

*moved to proper area
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:44 pm

I'll ask my cousin if he still has his old motor that he blew. I don't think he sold it when he sold the car, he used to have everything from the intake to the oil pan laying around in a storage shed.

The motor was blown due to nitrous, I installed the nitrous kit for him told him do not spray it in 5th gear read it right off the instruction book lol told him to get a tune to be completely safe to run 125-150 shot. He didn't listen and sprayed from 2nd gear all the way thru the top of 5th and blew one of the pistons completely off the rod bent all the rods on that side of the motor bent some valves in the one head. Amazingly enough the motor started up and ran, it ran really bad but it got on the tow truck under it's own power lol. I don't believe the block or heads are bad at all but he never had them checked out he bought a VT engines 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 longblock. He used to have the stock 5spd tranny too, he swapped in a 6spd tranny. He even had the stock clutch too with less then 20k miles on it. Has the stock gas tank and fuel pump, was swapped for a 03 cobra tank and pumps. He might still have his stock hood also with the hood scoop.
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowAzzStang Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 pm

J.Brown wrote:I'll ask my cousin if he still has his old motor that he blew. I don't think he sold it when he sold the car, he used to have everything from the intake to the oil pan laying around in a storage shed.

The motor was blown due to nitrous, I installed the nitrous kit for him told him do not spray it in 5th gear read it right off the instruction book lol told him to get a tune to be completely safe to run 125-150 shot. He didn't listen and sprayed from 2nd gear all the way thru the top of 5th and blew one of the pistons completely off the rod bent all the rods on that side of the motor bent some valves in the one head. Amazingly enough the motor started up and ran, it ran really bad but it got on the tow truck under it's own power lol. I don't believe the block or heads are bad at all but he never had them checked out he bought a VT engines 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 longblock. He used to have the stock 5spd tranny too, he swapped in a 6spd tranny. He even had the stock clutch too with less then 20k miles on it. Has the stock gas tank and fuel pump, was swapped for a 03 cobra tank and pumps. He might still have his stock hood also with the hood scoop.

Thanks let me know.
Clutch and that would be very nice
SlowAzzStang
SlowAzzStang

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 pm

SlowAzzStang wrote:

Thanks let me know.
Clutch and that would be very nice

I'll let ya know as soon as he text's me back he's being a fag not answering his phone.....I'm almost positive he has all this stuff still, I tried to sell some of the stuff for him on the corral but the shit is so damn heavy ppl. didn't wanna pay the shipping on it. Hell you could take that block and build a DOHC setup with it I believe they are the same block just different heads and a few other things obviously but I can't remember.
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down