740 Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official 2012 Race Thread.

+16
chasedasrt4
02nutstain
Mother Russia
SlowAzzStang
Madmax_87
efaustin
Tinyhands2ck
Alaska
Tyler E.
Tim_u_33
LTown
coyotefox
J.Brown
slow4dr
Pound
WheelSpin
20 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Official 2012 Race Thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: Official 2012 Race Thread.

Post  LTown Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 pm

That's why we have plenty of video cameras. Track is fun and all..But I hear real men race on the street too Razz hahaha.
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  WheelSpin Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 pm

silverhatch wrote:It's ok mark I don't have to do 180, I just like to hear people call bs about. But ant knows how fast the car goes. I know what ya mean about racing on the street cause I have a cdl class a and you can't find shit for a job if that has shit on it. I don't like those made up races like meet me here and we'll run, and like ant said ya gotta watch who ya race. You can't just let any tard in a possible fast car race you cause I've seen it too many times when that person don't know how to lift the foot and again ant knows who I'm talking about. Lol

Yessirrr. There's been some scary ones! And I distinctly remember doing 175+ down 270 chasing a turbo camaro and c6! Ever seen an Si cluster pointed straight down? Lol
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  slow4dr Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Anthony I somewhat agree with your feelings about the track. I am not gonna lie the runoff at Trails concerns me, especially when you start getting in the 130+mph range, its a short distance between the finish line and the wall right before refugee road lol. If you're gonna do it on the street, do it late at night, just 2 cars..no follow cars or lead cars ect. I just don't wanna click on facebook or newarkadvocate and read about someone I know dying while speeding down the highway to prove their dick is bigger then the guy next to them lol. Save the street racing for the 16 second Hondas/Saturns.

Cobra there is always racing on Wednesday, Friday and I believe Sundays out at trails. That is just one option, I know me and Pound were talking about maybe going up to Norwalk atleast once this year to run on a real track. I have heard rumblings of taking off .5 seconds just by going from Trails to Norwalk, guess we'll have to find out if theres any truth to that or not this year haha.

slow4dr

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:31 pm

slow4dr wrote:

Cobra there is always racing on Wednesday, Friday and I believe Sundays out at trails. That is just one option, I know me and Pound were talking about maybe going up to Norwalk atleast once this year to run on a real track. I have heard rumblings of taking off .5 seconds just by going from Trails to Norwalk, guess we'll have to find out if theres any truth to that or not this year haha.

I have heard that too about norwalk, and I believe it. I was running 12.3 12.5 one year at Trails the next year I couldn't get below 12.9's same setup and everything. Trails is a crappy track I hate going there to be quite honest with ya, I have never really ran all that great there except a select few times. And I hate the runoff being so short too doesn't seem safe at all.
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  THE HOFF Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Would you sissys quit cryin about the shut down at trails, lol! top fuel cars go 320+ and get stopped with no problem,they make better brakes than factory for all our cars, lol! .ive raced at almost every other track in ohio and trails is by far the worst,i normally picked up 2 to 3 tenths consistintly at the better tracks.Im down to go in on a track day,ive been to a few at trails they still dont prep the track for shit so dont plan on hookin.I agree about the late at night, limited vehicles, away from town ,on the street,the asian and i have done it numerous times with no problems.Can i get the secrets to get your cars to go 180+ I WANNA GO FAST I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

I always thought a race was a quarter mile anyways from a dead stop,all you sissys buy some slicks and launch that sucker!!

I LIVE MY LIFE A QUARTER MILE AT A TIME FOR THOSE TEN SECONDS OR LESS IM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE HOFF OUT

THE HOFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

THE HOFF wrote:Would you sissys quit cryin about the shut down at trails, lol! top fuel cars go 320+ and get stopped with no problem,they make better brakes than factory for all our cars, lol! .ive raced at almost every other track in ohio and trails is by far the worst,i normally picked up 2 to 3 tenths consistintly at the better tracks.Im down to go in on a track day,ive been to a few at trails they still dont prep the track for shit so dont plan on hookin.I agree about the late at night, limited vehicles, away from town ,on the street,the asian and i have done it numerous times with no problems.Can i get the secrets to get your cars to go 180+ I WANNA GO FAST I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

I always thought a race was a quarter mile anyways from a dead stop,all you sissys buy some slicks and launch that sucker!!

I LIVE MY LIFE A QUARTER MILE AT A TIME FOR THOSE TEN SECONDS OR LESS IM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE HOFF OUT

Here is a Mans man!!!

This guy knows what racing is all about!! Hoff, I now understand why some call you HERO!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanxxhart Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:10 pm

i'd be down to race adam and see where i stand from there
ryanxxhart
ryanxxhart

Back to top Go down

Post  04Cobra Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I guess truly I can't say I would NEVER run off the track. Lets just see what happens this summer Very Happy
04Cobra
04Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post  slow4dr Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Matt you do realize that those dragsters your referring to no longer go the full 1320 due to them crashing into walls due to short run offs right? They now go 1000ft and shut it down, the extra 320ft helps slowing them down, not to mention that giant parachute coming from the back of the car lol. So its a tad different then the type of cars all of us will be running this year haha. I think we should all pick a date and cruise up to Norwalk together. I love long cruises with a group of cars, its like 2hrs away from here to Norwalk.

I don't mind racing at trails, its 10minutes away and cost $12 bucks to run. Last year I averaged 6 passes a night, hell the one night I got 9 passes in. The thing I can't stand about it is the lack of traction there, even with slicks the best 60ft I could muster last year was a 1.7 lol.

slow4dr

Back to top Go down

Post  LTown Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 pm

So slow4dr you're not gonna street race, Be it at night or w/e, far away from any people or towns even? Same goes to rest of you, V8 anti rice : D..Why? Who's Silver Hatch gonna race? or Tim? etc...
Sudden change of heart again slow4dr? last time you said you weren't then you are then aren't again? idk Im just trying to keep an idea who's throwin' down.

: D
LTown
LTown

Back to top Go down

Post  slow4dr Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I guess its called growing up and realizing that putting my life at risk or others lives at risk is not worth it. I dont need to do 140mph down the highway in attempt to prove my dick is bigger then the guy next to me lol. I'm sure if Gentry or Tim wanna run me they would be willing to do it at the track, if not then oh well no sweat off my back haha. Like I said I will leave the street racing for the 16 second Civics and Saturns.

I dont look down at anyone that may race on the highway this summer, its just that I wont be one of them. I don't really see a big deal with that, maybe you do? I ran a total of 5 cars on the highway last year, while out street tuning we had a sherrif flip his car around on 16 (out by Dresden) and proceed to follow us since I passed him doing 130+. Luckily for whatever reason he did no pull me over, rather followed me to the Licking County line and got next to me and mean mugged like a mother fucker haha. Needless to say no street tuning will be happening with me or my car either, so don't think its just a racing thing with me.

BTW I didn't know you had to be a street ricer in order to "throw down" a race this year....

slow4dr

Back to top Go down

Post  02nutstain Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 pm

ryanxxhart wrote:i'd be down to race adam and see where i stand from there
Ryan, I'll race you. Like I said, I'm just not wasting my time on n/a d-series
02nutstain
02nutstain

Back to top Go down

Post  WheelSpin Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

I'm locking this thread. Please take all trash talk and racing talk to the boiler room, that's what it's for. If I see a race that's ready to go down I'll happily update the list and if not then PM me or any other mod and we'll add it to the list.
WheelSpin
WheelSpin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Brown Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 am

pig affraid alien cat monkey
J.Brown
J.Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10